Wednesday, May 13, 2015

34 weeks + a crappy week

I'm not going to lie, this past week has been awful. 

My husband had surgery on his throat, nasal septum and tonsils and has had a horrible recovery (vomiting up bags of blood in the hospital, intense post-op pain, heaps of medications to keep track of) and I have had some sort of cold or flu rendering me pretty much useless.

I just feel totally worn out, emotional and puffy. And I *think* I found the beginnings of stretch marks on my upper thighs, which have admittedly grown a lot over the past year. I am now over twenty kilograms heavier than I was at my lowest weight this time last year, so I suppose I should expect my body to complain a little. Interestingly, my huge pregnant belly is still yet to show any skin trauma- my doctor even asked me what I use to keep it moisturised! FYI, coconut oil after a shower and sometimes Bio-Oil before bed. I also drink a shitload of water and organic, full-cream cow's milk; maybe that is helping too?

On the plus side, my dermatitis appears to be clearing up, as shown in below photograph. As mentioned in a previous post, I have been cleansing with liquid African black soap, splashing and rinsing off diluted apple cider vinegar in the shower, and using pure aloe vera gel as a moisturiser.  The fading of the blotchy red rash on my face has been a huge relief as it was making me feel extremely self-conscious, and I think that's the last thing you need when you are already toting around a watermelon, your thighs have begun to rub together when they never have before (left, meet right!) and none of your pretty shoes fit anymore.


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Wet hair don't care

Today has been a day of no errands (thank God) and a lot of sleep. I seriously feel exhausted. Tonight I will eat my dinner (baked tofu and sweet potato with raw kale and nutritional yeast), watch "Masterchef," eat something yummy for dessert and have an early night. This baby growing business is really taking it out of me at the moment!


Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
Tonight's dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment