Saturday, March 1, 2014

sleep-in sunday

Today was a double market day. I love Sundays!

I got up early this morning and sat in the sunshine sipping on my morning bottle of chlorophyll, then Mum picked me up and we hit the market. I purchased some organic kale, gluten-free bread without the shitty ingredients like sugar and artificial fillers, baby purple congo potatoes, zucchini, baby broccoli and a croissant for Luke.

Gluten free toast (L: banana and tahini, R: raw honey and LSA)

After the morning market trip I crawled back into bed and had a big long sleep (woke up groggy- ugh), then got up and went to the other market with Luke. We bought lots of fruit, and I found a bottle of raw organic preservative-free red wine and a big jar of organic gluten-free lemon polenta porridge. Score. I will be having the polenta porridge for breakfast tomorrow morning for sure.

I just ate some homemade raw pad thai for lunch (my first time using kelp noodles), and the rest of today will be probably filled with cooking for the week (something I have been neglecting lately because I have been tired), reading, maybe a bit of study, a workout at the gym with Luke, and then an episode or two of "Breaking Bad." Nice. I have been desperate for a rest.


Raw vegan pad thai
Also, I did an hour of yoga last night for the first time in months and I felt amazing afterwards. I am going back to my regular class on Monday night, too. I think yoga is pretty good for my body and my mind, and I plan to keep it up. In other health news, I have been following my naturopath's treatment plan for about four days now and it is all going well. The herbal tincture is the most repulsive thing I have ever tasted, but if it will get me well I will drink it!

No comments:

Post a Comment