Thursday, April 24, 2014

some ranting and an early night

God damn this has been a shitty week. Sorry Luke and family! Ugh. Won't go into the gory details though as this is obviously my public FOOD blog. So anything I say about my personal life is really an overshare, isn't it?
Yes, I zip up my hoodie the whole way

Tomorrow morning at around 4am my husband (HUSBAND), brother-in-law and I are heading out to the war memorial for the Anzac Day dawn service. It is going to be freezing cold, and I am a bit nervous because I fainted last year and had to be wheel-chaired out through a crowd of thousands. Tens of thousands, even. Fingers crossed that this year will be better!

This blog is getting so personal and so not about food anymore. Although I would like to report that my sister has gone vegetarian after she saw some cutie little piglets at a petting zoo in a shopping centre and it was the final straw for her. The petting zoo was located next to the local butcher- WHAT. THE. People just don't seem to make the connection between the living, breathing, feeling creature and the pink, clean plastic-wrapped meat. It is all so sanitized, and bloodless...I wonder if the majority of the population had to kill to eat, and get all messy, and actually take a life, would they do it?

Well, this is getting a bit morbid. My apologies (although you have stumbled upon a vegan food blog, so probably expect a bit of anti-meat industry stuff all up in here). I think I will just crawl into bed with my pounding headache and sleep it off. I am in a bit of a bad mood if you can't tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment