Friday, April 11, 2014

thick creamy green smoothie & going off the pill

Made a breakfast smoothie so thick this morning that I am using a spoon to eat it. It is all creamy and delicious and I highly recommend it: almond milk, water, blanched baby spinach (can't have it raw due to hypothyroidism), half a banana, psyllium husk, raw cashews, pumpkin seeds, maca powder and stevia powder. 

Green pudding

Today marks day two of my going off the oral contraceptive pill (for good!). As you can see, I have included  in this morning's breakfast some baby spinach for iron, pumpkin seeds and cashews for some extra zinc and some healthy fats to help my skin on this journey, and some maca powder to help balance out my hormones. 

I am pretty excited about going off the pill and getting my body back to it's natural state. I even treated myself to a menstruation-related gift and ordered a Lunette and some Moonpads. Boys, if you don't know what I am referring to with these (and I'm sure you don't!), do not follow the links- it might be a bit more information than you bargained for. Girls, however, check 'em out! These products are so cool- good for your body, helpful in bringing your natural cycle back in sync and really good for the environment. I cannot wait for them to arrive in the mail. Might be a while until I get to actually use them though, depending on when my hormones kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment