Tuesday, February 18, 2014

different focus

Prior to braces, the thing that monopolized most of my thoughts and time was probably food. Vegan food, to be exact. That's the reason this blog exists, so I can talk about vegan food; I have been vegan for a little over seven months now, and I still love everything about the lifestyle. Unfortunately, post-braces (and it has only been a few days!), I feel like all I can focus on is my teeth. 

If I created a pie chart dividing up the day's activities (e.g. sleeping, studying, bathing, spending time with family), I estimate that an 80% chunk of that chart would be labelled "stuff to do with my teeth." I want to bring my focus back to food, vegan food, raw vegan food, and have fun in the kitchen (and in my mouth) again! I am sick of soft food. I am sick of mouth ulcers. I want salad and blue corn chips.

Okay, rant over. I promise that this will be a relatively dental-free zone from this day forward. And, somewhat satisfyingly, the photograph below of my breakfast is a meal that I ate regularly pre-braces. Thank God for some food normalcy. 

Soaked chia seeds, fresh mango and coconut yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment