Sunday, February 16, 2014

happy belated valentine's day!

I am sadly still a little bit miserable as I have been very ill this week, and I got my braces put on a few days ago. It has been an interesting learning curve.

My bottom braces are labial (meaning, regular ones) but my top braces are lingual (behind my teeth); this means that I have a major lisp and am contending with a raw, sore tongue. My tongue makes me want to cry! I did however get through a fancy Valentine's Day date with Luke the day after the braces, and I felt very proud. My technique at the moment is mashing my food up against the roof of my mouth and then swallowing. Winning! The restaurant prepared a special vegan menu just for me, so I was going to eat the food even if I had to go without chewing. I was so relieved when the main was a baked potato with some nice soft risotto. It was my favourite dish of the night, just delicious.

Romantic roses from my partner (in crime!)

Thanks, Benchmark!

I can't eat very much, and have been blending almost everything in my Vitamix (in hindsight, how clever was I to purchase one- it's the gift that keeps on giving!). Living on green smoothies, blended-up soaked oats with banana, chia seed gel pudding, and baked sweet potato. Luke kindly bought me four different varieties of baby food yesterday too, so I will definitely be giving those a go.

This mix of banana, oats and dates actually tasted awesome, but I miss chewing

Now I am going back to bed to rest up and try to kick this illness. I am on antibiotics now too, which I am not too happy about because I am a bit paranoid about the effective genocide of all my good symbiotic bacteria along with the nasty, infection-causing ones. I am just going to seriously up my probiotic intake (two a day, as I usually take one a day anyway). I told you, paranoid! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment