Friday, February 7, 2014

the latest with me

So this post is a little overdue; I wrote it a few days ago but had to run off to work and neglected to press "publish" before I left. So, what's been happening (I hear you ask)? Well, I have been sick for the last few days so have mostly just been lying in bed reading with the fan on, trying not to throw up and generally feeling sorry for myself.

Luke bought me some expensive coconut milk ice cream from the health food shop today ("German Chocolate" flavour, whatever that means) because I think he felt a little bit sorry for me. And because he loves me. But I have admittedly been a bit of a misery guts.


Then this happened. My bad!


Anyway, pints of delicious German ice cream and whole-body aches aside, last week was actually super fun and awesome and kicks the last few sick days out of my mind. I will fill you in.

Firstly I caught a bus down to Sydney (a three and a half hour drive) for the Wellness Warrior tour with Mum: it was excellent, although I would have liked Jessica to go into a bit more detail about her experience with Gerson therapy. They talked a lot about "balance." The special guests were Melissa Ambrosini (as I predicted), musician Wes Carr and celebrity chef Pete Evans. I was thrilled to receive a green juice to sip during the night, too- nice touch! Hanging out with Mum was the best.


Mum and I in Sydney
Our little hotel room

Luke picked us up from the bus terminal when we got back and then we went straight to the coast with Toto for the night. 

It was amazing to be in the ocean; I find myself craving it a lot of the time and find that it does wonders for my anxiety. Our poor little dog did not fare so well; she hated her experience in the sea, and clawed our skin raw trying to cling to us. That night we trawled Bateman's Bay for a vegan meal for dinner, but they are pretty hopeless in that regard so I just ate some vegetable sushi that Luke had bought for me earlier, and shared a big bowl of fresh watermelon snuggled up on the coach. That is my idea of heaven right there.

As soon as we got back from the coast I had to quickly shower, pack a suitcase full of clothes, and head to a salon to get my makeup professionally done before meeting the photographer for my modelling portfolio shoot. Very cool!

Waiting to get my makeup done

First it was thirty-nine degrees outside, then it bucketed down rain for the shoot. Lovely. It was a lot of fun and I hope we got some good shots in! I spent a lot of time tottering around in a tight little dress and high heels dragging a suitcase almost bigger than me, trying to dodge the rain and keep my hair and makeup intact. The photographer Emily said that any modelling shoot from then on would feel like a breeze. She was so lovely- thanks for being so kind and fun on the day, Emily!


Later that night Luke and I had a special reservation for my birthday dinner (that's right, I turned twenty four) at a fancy wine restaurant. I wore the same clothes and make-up as I had at the photo shoot as I had no time to get changed! It was a beautiful night, and the chef had prepared a separate vegan menu just for me! I appreciated that a lot, especially since I didn't have much luck in Bateman's Bay or Darling Harbour. It was very romantic and we split a bottle of wine. I love that man so much.


My soulmate


I worked Saturday, and then went horse riding in extremely hot temperatures on Sunday with my siblings and one of my best friends (when I took my helmet off at the end of the ride it looked like someone had tipped a bucket of water on my head). 

My horse trying to nip my brother's

It was amazing, fun and relaxing, and I discovered that horse riding is also good at quelling my anxiety. You can't concentrate on much else besides the horse and trying not to fall off, so that doesn't leave a lot of time for stressing out. My horse was named Woody, and was absolutely gorgeous and well-behaved (even though he had a reputation for being a bit naughty on trail rides- but he was perfect for me!).

Now I am exhausted, but have a lot of beautiful experiences to tuck under my belt from the past week. The doctor gave me a couple of days off work today (which I was very grateful for- I don't have enough energy to give my clients the care they deserve right now!), so I think I will focus on resting and trying to eat well. The past few days have been an absolute write-off in terms of eating the best I can, so I will clean things up starting from tomorrow. Excited for raw transition!


Raw capsicum with homemade guacamole

Raw homemade strawberry  coconut "yoghurt"

Salad with roasted organic purple congo potatoes

I really want to focus more on raw foods, as I have been mentioning pretty frequently on this blog! I have loosely been sticking to "raw 'til four," but have ordered "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr Douglas Graham (which I have heard really good things about) so will be working out how I feel about that in the next few weeks as well. I will write a bit more about that later- going to crawl back into bed now. In a heatwave. 

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment