Monday, January 27, 2014

salads and fruit

Lately I have been enjoying huge salads for lunch, as the weather is getting hot again and I feel much better when I exist on lighter foods like fruit and vegetables during this time. The salad pictured had mixed baby greens, carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, brown rice balls and a raw beetroot coconut sauce. Yum! And yes, that is a family-sized salad bowl.

Beautiful bright pink sauce!
I have also been eating a lot of summer fruits like mangoes, peaches, apricots and watermelon. I am feeling pretty good in my body at the moment- I have been working out a lot and eating mostly raw, which I think works for my body. 

Tomorrow I am heading to Sydney with Mum for the Wellness Warrior tour! I think it will be great spending some time together, and it will be really cool seeing some of the health and wellness bloggers that I follow in person. We are catching a coach up, so I am going to pack a shitload of delicious vegan snacks to munch during the three-hour drive. Mum, do you want me to pack some for you too?

On another (important) note: today marks exactly two months until Luke and I get married! As the date gets closer I have been having trouble thinking about topics that don't involve flowers, wedding cake, or bridal hairstyles (except the topic of food. I never stop thinking about food). I love you Luke, and marrying you will be hands down the smartest thing I have ever done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment