Wednesday, January 1, 2014

happy new year!

I cannot believe it's 2014! I love love love a fresh year, anything's possible, and energy is high.

I have plenty of goals for the year, and I am so excited to feel healthy and fresh. Also, I will be married this year, which is beyond amazing. I am so lucky to have met and somehow snared the man of my dreams. My year will hopefully be full of green smoothies, gym workouts, fun with friends, trying new things, experimenting with more vegan cooking (I am thinking of trying out high-raw for a while), working hard and saving my money. Should be good.

As you know, I adore being vegan and am in a pretty good place right now. Apparently age twenty-three is when women are at their happiest- I hope that my best days are still yet to come, but I can vouch that being twenty-three is pretty sweet. None of that crippling insecurity and peer pressure of your teens!

My New Year's Eve was awesome; I spent it with a bunch of friends (and strangers, but they were friends by the end of the night too). We had a house party, then caught three cabs out to the city where we danced the night away. I sang on stage in front of a packed crowd. What?

I woke up yesterday feeling a bit seedy from the combination of alcohol, crappy party snacks and a late night, but rectified it with plenty of coconut water with ice and a big salad wrap for lunch. Salad fixes everything.

Catherine and I

The gorgeous Cheynee, who hosted the awesome house party

Party crowd

Anyway, I am off to work- have a good day everyone, regardless of what you're doing! And good luck getting started on any personal resolutions for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment