Monday, January 13, 2014

heatwave and six-month veganniversary!

It's my six-month veganniversary today! I can honestly say that I feel ten times better now than I did before I went vegan. I feel happy that I am no longer eating my little animal friends or their byproducts, and physically I have heaps more energy to work, study and hit the gym (hard!). Plus, vegan food is super tasty and interesting. Vegan for the win!

Cheers!
In other news, this heatwave is tough! The rental property I live in does not appear to have insulation of any sort, and thus gets extremely hot and stuffy in summer and frostbite-inducing in winter. The best way to cope with this sort of weather is just to lie back in front of the fan and suck on ice cubes.

Green smoothies are also a staple for me right now, as my internal organs are baking already (I reckon my liver has probably been dehydrated to about half its original size from the outside heat) and can't cope with "proper" meals. I think I have just invented the best green smoothie ever, by the way: cold water, heaps of kale, baby spinach, green grapes, half a banana, a spoonful of coconut yoghurt, fresh lemon juice, and ice cubes. Yum! 

I feel that I want to start a week of eating mostly raw food from tomorrow, and the leftover green smoothie will be an awesome breakfast to kick off the week. I will also be preparing batches of raw cauliflower "mash," raw cucumber and basil soup, zucchini "pasta" with homemade pesto, and some fresh salads. I should get through pretty happily I think! My body didn't cope really well with the alcohol during the festive season so I feel like it needs a bit of a spring clean. Summer clean. Whatever.

Will keep you updated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment