Friday, January 3, 2014

good beginning

It has been a good start to the new year, "resolutions"-wise. I have had a few green smoothies already (vital for curing my two-day lethargy following New Year's Eve celebrations), I hit the gym hard on New Year's Day, I have been dry body brushing, and I have been working hard at my job. All important things to me.


Hello alfafa sprouts, get in me!

Some of the many health-related goals I have for 2014 include mastering an unassisted headstand, starting to practice meditation, experimenting with raw vegan cooking, hitting the gym regularly, trying out a hot yoga class and learning to make my own fermented vegan nut cheese. If I can achieve some or all of the things on my page-long bucket list, 2014 should be a very fun and active year for me!

That being said, tonight I have taken the night off the gym and have been lazing about like a sloth eating delicious Vegusto vegan cheese and brown rice crackers whilst watching "America's Next Top Model." I love that show more than is healthy, and this is the first cycle that guys and girls are competing against each other. I am team Marvin for sure! Uh, for those of you who know the show...


Indulging in some solo cheese-and-cracker time

Mum and I have successfully booked our buses and accommodation for the Wellness Warrior tour in Sydney at the end of the month! My excitement has admittedly waned a little since I first bought the tickets months and months ago (I am very impulsive and hate waiting for things), but I think it will be an awesome evening and I am looking forward to spending some girl time with Mum in Sydney. It is a dang shame that neither of us are in a good financial position to go shopping, but I plan to drag her to a raw vegan restaurant in Newtown and order lots of delicious vegan food so that should help make up for our disappointments. The food was so yum last time I went there I ended up having three courses.

I wonder who the guest speakers will be...in my wildest dreams Kris Carr would be there, but as she is currently doing her own tour in the US I really doubt that she would be able to duck on over. So if Kris is unavailable - as I suspect she is - I would love to hear Natalie Kringoudis, Samantha Gowing, Lola Berry and Adele McConnell speak instead. Pretty please?


Nourishing my body

No comments:

Post a Comment