Tuesday, January 14, 2014

raw food week

It is excruciatingly hot today. 

My poor dog is a hundred degrees

Also, I have started a week-long raw food...bonanza. Cleanse? I don't know. Anyway, I have planned out an entire week's worth of meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) that are entirely raw! I am actually super excited to try out the new recipes, and see how I feel at the end of the week.

Today I had some raw oats soaked in orange juice topped off with some grated apple, almonds and coconut yoghurt for breakfast, then I "cooked" all morning until I had to go to work. I made cucumber and basil soup with fresh chopped mint (and ate it for lunch), and prepared some cauliflower mash with marinated mushrooms so dinner would be ready when I got home from work after seven. I feel a little bloated after eating the raw cauliflower mash though; could it be because it is in the cruciferous family of veggies?

This kept me full for HOURS

Hydrating raw cucumber and basil soup

During the day I also had a date with almond butter, a delicious green smoothie, some prunes and walnuts, and a peach. Luke and I are going to escape the heat tonight and head to the movies, where I think I will enjoy either a kombucha or a homemade iced herbal tea. Both sound pretty good right now.

Inspired about food again and loving it! Besides this week being all completely raw food, there are a few other "rules" in place to support the cleansing: glass of chlorophyll upon waking, dry body brushing before my morning shower, heaps of water and herbal tea, no caffeine or alcohol, and raw vegan protein shake after every gym workout. I lift lots of weights and I like it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment