Tuesday, January 21, 2014

raw food revised

The raw food week that I spoke about earlier sadly went bust, due to my own poor planning. D'oh.

I stayed on my self-written meal plan for three days, but instead of feeling amazing and energetic I felt lethargic and had zero stamina at the gym. In hindsight, I suspect that I didn't give my poor body enough food or calories.

I have since done a bit more reading on the topic and realised that your portions have to be increased a lot with raw food, because the food isn't as calorie-dense as cooked food e.g. bread, brown rice. I think I also have to increase the carbohydrate-rich foods (e.g. bananas, raw oats) for next time, as my menu mostly featured a lot of water-rich foods such as cucumber soups, green smoothies, watermelon and zucchini noodles. 

I still want to do it though! I will just bulk it up a bit more and maybe save it for a week where I don't have much on, and can treat my body like a temple and rest when I need to. Apparently a strictly raw food lifestyle is fabulous for detoxifying your body, and due to a few lingering (frustrating!) health issues this is something I am very interested in.

Working through a litre of green smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment