Monday, December 30, 2013

hi there!

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't updated the blog in ages. I have been working extra hours, eating pretty poorly (my food has sadly not been blog-worthy lately!), celebrating Christmas with my love and my family, hitting the gym and dealing with an unwelcome bout of conjunctivitis. Yep, I went there.

Some nice organic red wine

Christmas Day was admittedly a bit of a challenge as it was my very first vegan Christmas lunch (last year I was vegetarian). I had a vegan "beef" roast to eat, plus a big kale salad, plus a little pudding from the supermarket that happened to be incidentally vegan. I couldn't eat my Grandma's homemade pudding which was a little heartbreaking as we hardly ever get to see her this time of year, but eating animal products is just not an option for me at all. Needless to say, I stuck to my vegan fare and got through it. If I can get through Christmas lunch unscathed, I can get through anything!

My Christmas was wonderful, and I was showered with love and a shitload of presents. Amongst them were three big bags of chia seeds, Ere Perez lipstick, a Rusk Miracurl hair styler (it's amazing!), a health food hamper from Luke (his hampers are always my favourite), some beautiful nature-like fairy lights for the bedroom, some books, a digital camcorder, a new Moleskine notebook and a Parker pen, Hurraw vegan lip balm, a beautiful teacup and saucer, and an ornate (and very pretty) ceramic dish to place my engagement ring in when I'm not wearing it. And that's only what I can remember! I got totally spoiled, and my gifts were so special and sentimental to me. The boys got a bluestone frying pan, which I might steal as well. 

I bought Luke a barbecue for Christmas, so there has been a lot of that going on. Last night I chose to have a beer and eat a sweet potato burger instead of hitting the gym- the shame! Never mind, I had a great workout tonight anyway.

I am super excited for 2013 to tick over, and will be drinking cocktails with a pack of twelve girls (friends, friends of friends!) and dancing in the city. Should be good! Luke stocked the fridge with Berocca and coconut water for New Year's Day in anticipation of my hangover. I hardly ever drink alcohol anymore, so it will probably be inevitable. I have a whole page of resolutions for 2014 and am looking forward to feeling fit and healthy again; the festive season wasn't kind to my insides, and poor eating feels bad and strange.

Will probably see you guys in the new year! Have fun everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment