Sunday, December 8, 2013

overdrive

We had such a busy weekend! 

Happy December Toto!

I worked Saturday morning then headed out to a barbeque for my work Christmas party. I brought a kale salad with walnuts, apple and cranberries and everyone polished it off (I was happy to see everyone eating their greens with such vigor, although my colleagues were a little tipsy). I didn't want to drink much alcohol since I have already been eating a few too many sugary treats this month, so I brought a single beer, opened it with my teeth because I forgot to bring a bottle opener, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Me and my girlz

On Sunday we chose our Christmas tree from the RSPCA (all proceeds go back to them, so it's a super good way to support homeless animals) and decorated it. It looks so beautiful and the house smells like pine, which never fails to make me feel festive. I have also eaten my body weight in vegan spelt fruit mince pies, which is making me feel very sexy for summer. We also headed out and I bought Luke his Christmas present- a barbeque! Luke has been very nice and only a little bit naughty this year, so I wanted to get him something really awesome. 

Mouth-to-mouth

Also, I am extremely excited to announce that Veganarchy will be baking and decorating our dream wedding cake! We met up with Gabby on Sunday at her market stall, had a quick chat, and left with the knowledge that our wedding cake is in very safe hands and will be perfect and vegan and amazing. If you can't tell, I am stoked. And thank you to Luke for being so happy to have a vegan wedding cake- he is not vegan at all, but is extremely supportive of my vegan ways.

Ben actually can't wait for Christmas

On another note, I promise that I will start taking more photographs of the food I am cooking and eating- this blog is supposed to be about food! For the record, I have mostly just been munching on summer fruit, kale, vegan spelt mince pies and green smoothies. I will be super busy with orthodontic appointments (I am actually so excited!), final exams for Herbal Medicine and Naturopathy in about a week, wedding planning, mad budgeting, and working extra hours over the Christmas and New Year period. Life is about to get cray!

No comments:

Post a Comment