Sunday, December 15, 2013

five months vegan!

I missed my five-month veganniversary! It was on Friday and I didn't even celebrate. Sad. I guess time flies when you're having (vegan) fun. 

My completed exam is in there, ready to post!

As promised, I have been a better blogger and taken a few more photographs of my food this past few days. I have been eating a lot of kale (what's new?), a lot of summer fruits like watermelon, peaches, cucumbers and my first cherries of the summer. They were delicious, and they gave me digestive upsets because I ate almost half a kilo in one sitting, but I would totally do it all over again. Thanks, farmer's market! 

I love cherries because they feel very "Christmassy" to me. It has been pretty weird reading all my favourite vegan blogs from America and they are all getting cosy by the fire, rugging up and drinking eggnog while I'm wearing denim cut-offs and eating raw fruit by the kilogram. It wouldn't be an Australian Christmas without summer, that's for sure.

These rolls are so fresh

I put apple on top of cucumber and munch it

My Vitamix and I have been getting along famously, although I am still too timid to try doing anything tough with it. I am traumatised by the weaker-motored blender that came before it, even though I logically know that this motor is industrial-strength and could probably liquefy a diamond. I want to make my own cacao-almond butter but the thought of all those nuts whirring around in there makes me nervous for the blender. I'll get there.

It is now ten days until Christmas and I am loving it! I spent today studying and cuddling with my little family (Luke and Totes), in a ratio that I'm not proud of. I also got a haircut. And watched an episode (or two...) of "America's Next Top Model," which I adore. Pick me, Tyra! 

This is a dinner Luke made me for a surprise- thank you my love!

Baby spinach, vegan sausage, baked sweet potato and beetroot with nutritional yeast

Amongst all this frivolity I did manage to complete a big fat exam too, so I am pleased with that. The subject was Naturopathic Philosophy, which sounds all fun and light and airy, but there is a lot of history there to learn and my brain is like a sieve. Tomorrow I have the Herbal Medicine final exam, and then I will have completed the first semester of my diploma! I am a bit ashamed at the volume of dry cereal I ingested while studying though; I have a bit of a snacking issue when I get stressed out. Working on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment