Monday, December 16, 2013

exams and chana masala

I have posted off both my exams! 

They were both quite difficult, I guess because they were the final exams for each of those subjects. Fingers crossed that I passed both. How strange that the first three subjects of my Advanced Diploma in Naturopathy are (almost) complete? And I got through unscathed!

It is very hot outside today. Today has been a bit unproductive, mostly because I know I am going off to work later. I did make a delicious green smoothie (a ton of baby spinach and kale, half a frozen banana, a cup of blueberries, peanut butter, LSA, coconut milk and water) for lunch and worked on a DIY Christmas present, so I haven't done too badly. 


Remember how I said a little while ago that I was feeling a bit uninspired about food and wanted to try some new things? 

Well. I have been craving a vegan curry for ages, like months (I know, such a weird food to crave in summer), and I don't trust Indian takeaway places not to use ghee in the cooking...so I finally made my own! I have never made a curry before so I was a bit unsure of myself, and then I got the idea from Rebecca at Strength and Sunshine. She had a delicious-looking picture of a vegan chana masala on her blog, which inspired mine. I never follow recipes though, I just don't have the patience and would rather just cook intuitively. 

Guys...it turned out AMAZINGLY. I am loving myself sick right now for creating such a tasty delight. It has chickpeas, tomatoes, English spinach, onion, a little bit of coconut milk, a ton of spices, and some fresh coriander on top. It certainly knocked my cravings on the head.

I had banana and coconut as a side because it was very spicy

I added a heap of English spinach for greens

I am going to bring it to work and eat it for dinner tonight, then Luke and I are going to the gym together when I get home. I have been loving the gym lately because it makes me feel happier in my head. I also realised the other day that my tropical  honeymoon is in just over three months and I will have to expose myself in a bikini every day for a week. On top of getting sweaty for my mental health, this is a bit of extra motivation as well. Can't hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment