Monday, September 23, 2013

gardening adventures

Spring has sprung (or so it seems...I think the weather will take a bit of a cold dive toward the end of the week)!

The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the breeze is warm and pleasant.  I spent most of yesterday happily pottering around in the backyard, tending to my little vegetable garden (along with my four-legged helper, who kept excitedly stepping all over my plants). I planted my marigolds to keep the bugs away from my spinach and silverbeet the natural way and turned over my compost, then I sat in the grass and watched Toto chew on a bone. It was very nice. The soil in my vegetable garden is looking nice and moist and healthy, and soon I will add some of my compost into the mix.

All that said, I have spent the entire day inside today browsing pictures of tiny eco-friendly houses on the internet and reading vegan blogs. I also ate a massive lunch and now feel too stuffed to move, let alone frolic in the yard. My feast involved homemade kale pesto on brown rice crackers, homemade vegetable chilli (yellow capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, kidney beans and corn kernels) with soy yoghurt, and a few too many dates with almond butter. I am totally addicted to dates, which is kind of a shame because they are very sugary. But so delicious!

Now I think I will read over some study material before I have to head off to work. So full of food.






No comments:

Post a Comment