Saturday, September 21, 2013

the ultimate vegan candy bar

So, I have just discovered the most amazing vegan treat that probably ever existed. Well, that and raw vegan cheesecake. But this one is so simple: get a date. Cut it in half. Put a bit of almond butter in the middle. Squish it together. Eat. OMFG. I know I am really behind the 8-ball with this one, and every vegan blog ever features this treat, but I feel it needs announcing to the world. Again.

I had the day off yesterday and felt quite peaceful. I did some cooking (a macrobiotic-style dinner of baked sweet potato, tofu, brown rice and homemade kale pesto), some reading, a lot of much-needed sleeping, the dishes, and even a quick gym session. I have felt better lately than I have in ages- I think yoga and a clean vegan diet have been very therapeutic for me, both mentally and physically. I even did a successful back bend in yoga last week! The teacher is excellent at what she does.

I have been reading a lot about macrobiotics (the philosophy behind it and the food) and have become quite interested in doing a short brown rice fast. Apparently it makes you feel quite calm and helps detox the system- in macrobiotics, grain rules. I would only do a 1-2 day fast though, not the traditional 10 days.

Tomorrow I plan to write up an assignment, do some yoga at home, eat wholefoods and treat my fiance to a "him" day- similar to when he treated me a few weeks ago with sweet potato fries, massages, a film of my choice and many more lovely things of that nature. Then I am meeting up with Skye for a coffee (or maybe a herbal tea in my case?) and a catch up. Easy Sunday, love it.


Better than a Snickers because it has zero nasty chemicals!
Nourishing macro-meal


No comments:

Post a Comment