Monday, October 14, 2013

detox, again, plus day one food diary

Well, I am on day two of detox part two. I am doing well, but am not sure how the other girls are going; we have weird shifts at work, so only work at the same time occasionally. I guess I will have to use the magical medium of text message to check in with them.

Milk thistle, helpful for your liver


I had headaches yesterday and was very irritable, which seems to be a pattern for me on the first day- thanks for putting up with me and giving me a massage Luke! I love the shit out of you. 

I feel pretty good today. I slept like a log last night and had an excellent breakfast (I incorporated raw carrot and broccoli! WHAT?! You will find out how tomorrow), and am about to take my little dog for a walk in the sun. 

I have also decided that I will add some new "rules" in for the detox, since this is my second time around and I'm obviously an old pro now. So the last time around I didn't really have an exercise schedule or anything, and exercise was pretty low on my list of priorities. Exercise helps get the blood and lymph moving around your body, and also encourages sweating which is pretty vital for eliminating toxins. Now that I have the hang of the food part, I am adding:

  • 30 minutes to 1 hour of exercise per day, except for Wednesday (rest day). Exercise will either be yoga, a fitness DVD in my loungeroom, a walk with the dog, or a gym session with the boys
  • Epsom salt bath on Tuesday and Friday to help release toxins
  • 10 minutes of meditation each evening
  • 1 cup alkaline water each day

I am excited but nervous to incorporate the new stuff. Cooking beautiful clean food from scratch takes time, and I work into the evening most nights, and what if I am feeling lazy one night? Will this week have to be organised with military precision to fit it all in? I think so.

Also, here is yesterday for anyone who wants food ideas...


detox day one

Breakfast:
Oats with almonds, berries, LSA, coconut oil, brown rice syrup and almond milk
1 glass chlorophyll

Lunch:
Nori burrito (brown rice, avocado, apple slices, cucumber wrapped in a sheet of nori seaweed)
1 big green smoothie (kale, chia seeds, pear, fennel)

Dinner:
1 small cup cauliflower soup
Half a small sweet potato (roasted with sea salt)

Snacks:
1 Pink Lady apple
Handful pepitas
2 dates with almond butter
Half a banana
3 prunes and a handful of walnuts
Handful sultanas

No comments:

Post a Comment