Thursday, October 3, 2013

detox day two

Detox notes
I have eaten a lot of vegetables even in the past two days alone, so that is probably the best part of this so far. I slept last night, but had night sweats so that was a bit disruptive. Breakfast was amazing this morning. I drank a lot of herbal (non-caffeinated) tea today, also noticed that I had a slight headache for most of the day. I was pretty hungry, but the herbal tea helped.

Time hasn't really been on my side this week so I have been super unprepared food-wise; when I got home from work (past 8pm) and discovered that I didn't have the vegetables that I needed for dinner, I absolutely lost my shit. Luke and I went to the store immediately. Maybe I am detoxing my negative feelings!

Poor Luke. He is so supportive, even of my detox week! A couple of the girls at work are interested in doing this next month, so perhaps I will repeat and do it with them the next time around too. It's nice that people are interested and want to get on board!

Super delicious breakfast


Breakfast:
Bob's Red Mill Hot Cereal (wholegrain) with 1/2 punnet fresh blueberries and coconut milk
1 glass chlorophyll

Lunch:
Large baby spinach salad with pumpkin, raw walnuts, pepitas and dressing (apple cider vinegar, flaxseed oil, orange juice, salt and pepper)
1 cup herbal tea

Dinner:
Vegetable chilli (zucchini, capsicum, grape tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne pepper) with polenta

Dessert:
1/2 punnet blueberries

Snacks:
2 dates with almond butter
2 prunes and a handful of walnuts
1 banana
Coconut flakes, sultanas and 4 brazil nuts


No comments:

Post a Comment