Friday, October 18, 2013

detox day five plus day four & five food diaries

I checked in with the other girls as to how their detoxes are going: Grace is experiencing neither negative side effects or benefits and Tiffanie is experiencing a great burst of energy and wellbeing. It is close to my heart that she feels good from this as she has been struggling a bit with illness- to see her bright and energetic was wonderful. It appears that I am the only one feeling a bit shitty. Oh well.

Tomorrow I am having a massage and spa treatment! Luke booked me in for a surprise (my love). He described the spa treatment component as me "going into a cocoon and being blasted with water jets." The way boys describe girl things is very cute. This could not have come at a better time either because, as you guys know, I have been feeling totally flat for the past few weeks. Thanks Luke, it means a lot to me that you've got my back (literally, because it's a massage). You are the love of my life and I can't wait to marry you. I am going to marry the shit out of you.

In other news, Skye bought a Vitamix and texted me a picture of it...and I am so jealous I want to go to her house and break it into a thousand tiny little pieces (SORRY SKYE! I WOULD NEVER ACTUALLY DO THAT BTW). I know, that is an extremely childish reaction, but I want one SO BAD. Maybe I could sell a kidney, they should be in pretty good condition I hope? A lung? I'M WILLING.

To comfort myself until I can afford one for myself, I purchased a vegetable spiralizer from Amazon so I can make raw veggie noodles. I am so keen for more raw foods and living enzymes in my diet! I have seen recipes using raw sweet potato. Totally cray, and therefore totally up my alley. Yay!

Pumpkin oats with a side of tasty
Prune cacao energy hit right before bedtime

detox day four


Breakfast:

Oats with pumpkin, coconut oil, LSA, coconut milk, brown rice syrup and allspice
1 glass chlorophyll
1 cup dandy coffee with coconut milk and stevia

Lunch:
1 green smoothie (kale, baby spinach, apple, mint leaves, spirulina, barley grass powder, stevia, water and coconut milk)

Dinner:
Vegetable chilli with polenta

Snacks:
2 dates with almond butter
1 carrot (steamed with Bragg's All Purpose Seasoning)
Handful raw peanuts & brazil nuts
3 prunes and a handful of walnuts
2 banana and oat "cookies"


detox day five

Breakfast:

Oats with pumpkin, coconut oil, LSA, coconut milk, brown rice syrup and allspice
1 glass chlorophyll
1 dandy coffee with coconut milk and stevia

Lunch:
2 big English spinach leaves stuffed with walnut "taco meat" (ground walnuts with spices and tamari), tomato salsa and avocado

Dinner:
Big bowl of buckwheat porridge with dried apricots and pepitas

Snacks:
1 banana
3 dates with almond butter
1 handful sultanas
2 prune cacao bliss balls

No comments:

Post a Comment