Wednesday, October 16, 2013

detox day three plus day two & three food diaries (phew!)

Well, I did not feel very good at all today.

I didn't sleep very well last night so I think that that may have had something to do with it. I went to work but ended up leaving at 11am and crashing straight into bed. After the sleep I felt a little better, but still pretty lousy. I have also been really irritable and have had headaches for the last few days, which is unfortunately normal for me at the beginning of detox. Pity party! Bring out the world's tiniest violin!

Grumpy as dick


However- I don't think that it is a result of my diet (although I know others are thinking it!).

The way I see it: there were three or four days in between the first detox and this one, and during that time I ate pretty much whatever I wanted- bagels and bread, packaged nut bars, and a hell of a lot of amazing food at the Living Green Festival (vegan cupcake, a vegan sausage sizzle, superfood balls, and a massive chocolate fudge brownie. OMG incredible I wanted to marry it).

I felt okay for these few days, and really happy that I could eat all the delicious vegan food at the festival, but noticed that my stomach was bloated and I felt overly full most of the time.

When I am "detoxing" (which for me is really just eating whole, unprocessed foods and seriously upping the vegetable, water and salad intake), I feel lean and have perfect digestion. Maybe it's the bread that is my undoing. Or perhaps the milk thistle tablets that I supplement with during the detox period are working wonders for my digestion and liver function. Who knows?

I am just going to work through it, take it easy and see how I go. I am pretty stubborn and don't think I will break the detox before the week just because of a little fatigue. Plus, I am loving the food and it is encouraging me to be creative in the kitchen. I am having fun.

Here are the food diaries for day two and three. Enjoy.


detox day two


Breakfast:

Raw veggie "cereal" (raw broccoli, carrot, apple, almonds, a date, coconut flakes) topped with almond milk! The recipe is from super-cute Gabby at The Veggie Nook, she is very creative and adorable
1 glass chlorophyll
1 cup detox tea

Lunch:
2 Nori burritos (brown rice, apple, cucumber, avocado, sprouts, nori seaweed)

Dinner:
Big bowl of vegetable chilli (zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow capsicum) with polenta

Snacks:
2 dates with almond butter
1 banana
Handful pepitas, 2 dried apricots, 3 brazil nuts

Veggie cereal in the making...
Raw vegetables in the morning, alright

detox day three

Breakfast:

Oats with almonds, berries, LSA, coconut oil and coconut milk
1 glass chlorophyll
1 cup dandelion tea with coconut milk and stevia (holy DELICIOUS)

Lunch:
Leftover bowl of vegetable chilli

Dinner:
TBA...might have some kale salad with nutritional yeast and reheat some cauliflower soup

Snacks:
1 banana
3 prunes and a handful of walnuts
2 dates with almond butter
Handful of sultanas
Vegan protein shake with coconut milk
3 banana oat "cookies"

Homemade "cookies," detox-friendly!


No comments:

Post a Comment