Wednesday, October 2, 2013

first day of detox food diary

Today was day one of eating to my rules for the week.

Detox notes
I felt like it went pretty well overall. I worked a split shift, so was able to get a couple of hours of good-quality sleep in the middle of the day- I have been very fatigued lately, so I felt like I needed it. I have been waking up in the morning so grumpy and have been struggling to get out of bed, so sleep is important. I was quite hungry today, especially in the afternoon, but pleased that I ate so many vegetables. Even on a vegan diet it is easy to get unbalanced and become too dependent on carbohydrates and packaged snacks like dried fruit bars or nut bars.

She is the best sleeping buddy ever


Breakfast: 
Oats with mixed berries, LSA, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup.
1 glass chlorophyll

Snack: 
1 cup green tea
1 large banana

Lunch:
1 cup miso soup with wakame
2 dates with almond butter
1 pink lady apple
4 brazil nuts

Snack:
3 prunes
1 small handful walnuts
1 steamed carrot with Bragg's All Purpose seasoning
1 cup herbal tea

Dinner:
Massive bowl of stir-fried mixed vegetables (purple cabbage, snow peas, onion, carrot, broccoli) with organic tofu, tahini and raw peanuts

Dessert:
1 date with almond butter

No comments:

Post a Comment