Sunday, October 20, 2013

hot day plus detox OVER

The second week of detox is over, and SHOCK HORROR- I broke it a day early! My detox pals will be surprised as I am known for my iron will when it comes to food, but I chose to break it early. I am the captain of my ship, and the captain said it was time to eat a bagel. I was pleased with my decision.

"What? She broke the detox early!? SHUT. UP."


The detox was admittedly a difficult time for me physically and mentally, and I am not sure if it was the food or just a bad couple of weeks; even though I consider myself fully recovered from glandular fever (and refuse to even acknowledge a patchy doctor's diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome!), I still seem to get little relapses of fatigue every now and then. It usually has me mostly bedridden for three days or so and feeling groggy for about a week, so I suspect that one of these episodes may have just been strangely timed with the detox. That is my theory and I'm sticking to it!

I think next time I do it I want to properly challenge myself with either a juice fast or a brown rice fast, just to see what I'm made of. I didn't end up meditating for ten minutes a day, either- that is something I still want to build into my day gradually, even though I didn't make it happen this last couple of weeks. And I want to increase my exercise, too. Lessons learned, ideas garnered.

It is freakishly hot outside today. No cooking today because I don't really fancy turning the oven on, so it was leftovers for lunch (and probably a leftover green smoothie for dinner, yum!). It looks like we're in for a pretty hot summer in Australia, but I am totes ready for it; sweaty yoga classes, cold green smoothies, salads with fruit, balmy evening walks with Totes (my Chihuahua) and cut-off denim shorts.

The summer months will also bring: a visit to Little Oak Sanctuary with Luke, a weekend modelling course (watch out Miranda Kerr, I'm coming to claim those Angel wings!), the Wellness Warrior tour with Mum, Christmas (in Luke's words "it will be a slim Christmas" as we are in wedding-saving mode- it made me laugh), my 24th birthday (oh noes!), Luke's birthday, and of course our wedding and honeymoon in March. A big, beautiful few months are ahead and I am beyond excited and blessed for my life.

The next few months will also hold a lot more experimenting in the kitchen with vegan and raw cuisine- I LOVE being vegan, and I feel like everything has started to feel better since I started this journey three months ago. I can actually feel myself growing lighter every day and I feel great. Highly recommended, although my main reason for being a strict vegan is still the welfare of those gorgeous little pigs, chickens, cows etc. I love animals.

Lunch was amazing, obviously

No comments:

Post a Comment