Friday, November 8, 2013

dinner date

I had today off, which I appreciated a lot. It has been a very difficult week for me, and I desperately needed a sleep-in and some time to myself. 

I slept until midday (and had a long, disturbing dream where I kept collapsing!), ate delicious pumpkin oats for breakfast, did some study (YAY! I have broken the ice!), ate a four-course lunch (kale salad, miso soup with soba noodles, hummus and crackers, raw chocolate) drove to my family home and hung out there (giggled a lot with my sister), and headed out for dinner.


My sister and Maid of Honour for my wedding, Fernburger
A homemade chai latte from Mum


Dinner was a fun "date." As I am on my full driver's license now (off my P's!), I ordered a Corona...I haven't had a Corona for about two years! The beer was lovely, the lemon wedge in the beer was lovely, dinner was lovely (the waitress happily ducked off to talk to the chef and came back with a million vegan options for me, which was very much appreciated- I ended up ordering a quinoa salad with sweet potato, caramelised onion, green peas and sweet sesame dressing), and the company was lovely. 


Hi Benji! Thanks for dinner!

I am buzzing from the singular alcoholic unit I consumed, which is pretty weird considering I used to have about fifteen strong drinks per night out and still be able to hold a conversation. My party-girl self has definitely taken a back seat, which is fine by me. That said, I do have another beer chilling in the fridge just in case I want to continue the buzz...but I don't know how well it will agree with me. My belly is more delicate than it used to be (or maybe I just listen to it more now).

Overall, a pretty good day. Now I just have to get through work tomorrow, then I have markets with Luke and a (vegan) dinner party with the girls, then Lazy Sunday (or maybe some-activity-but-mostly-rest Sunday) with my love. I would be content with whatever we do as long as we can hold hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment