Friday, November 29, 2013

can't wait

HOLY MOLY- I purchased a Vitamix yesterday! 

That's me giving you guys a high-five

For a health nut like me, the Vitamix has been a very coveted item for a while now. A very expensive coveted item. I ordered the red and black one, it will arrive in about a week, and until then I will be dreaming about properly-blended green smoothies and deliciously silky raw soups. I wonder if I should give it a name.

So I am just going to have a bit of a stream-of-consciousness rant now: lately things have been very fortuitous for me, and I feel very grateful to the universe for giving me such lovely gifts. Today Luke and I went to the market to get our produce for the week, and there was no kale left on the shelf. I stood there for a minute, slightly disappointed, and then a man walked past with a whole trolley of fresh kale!

Tonight I had plans to stay in and watch movies- okay, the Justin Bieber documentary "Never Say Never," you got me- in my pyjamas with my friend, which was all well and good, but for the last few weeks she and I have been discussing that we should get out more. Like, specifically go out dancing. And then...two tickets to a very fancy ball for tonight dropped into my lap! A lovely client couldn't make it and gave me the tickets, which include a three-course dinner and unlimited champagne, all for a charity helping kids with cancer. What are the chances?

Thanks, client-that-I-won't-name-for-confidentiality-reasons!


My blender breaks, then I can suddenly afford my dream blender. Christmas is just around the corner, then my tax refund arrives into my bank account. I am a bit dehydrated, Luke passes me a bowl of watermelon that he just cut up. I meet my perfect man, we're getting married in four months. WHAT IS GOING ON? I must have been Mother Teresa in a past life, but oh my goodness am I grateful for all this good fortune.

Thanks, universe! I love you. And your delicious men and food and friends.

Vegan curried pumpkin bites with kale

No comments:

Post a Comment