Monday, November 11, 2013

vegan dinner party, hospital and gardening

It has been a mixed few days since I last posted! 

Poppy, the beautiful family dog

The vegan dinner party I hosted on Saturday night was great; everyone looked absolutely stunning (dresses and heels were a requirement of entry), the food was fabulous (everyone brought a plate, which was so impressive as nobody except me is actually vegan!), everyone had a few glasses of wine, and it was a lovely night overall. I have a great group of girlfriends at the moment and I felt pretty blessed to have them all over eating vegan food with me. Cheynee curled my hair while I massaged the kale for my salad.

On the menu for the night:

  • Massaged kale salad with blueberries and a cashew orange dressing
  • Creamy pumpkin soup
  • Macaroni and cheese with pumpkin
  • Fruit salad
  • Rich chocolate cake with berries and cream cheese frosting
We were all very full by the end of it! I have been happily munching my way through the leftovers for a few days now- thanks guys!

Gorgeous girls

Only managed to get photos of dessert

Bathroom selfie: look at my beautiful hair! Thanks Cheynee x

Luke and I spent Sunday night at the hospital as I had quite severe abdominal pains, but they were unable to find the cause and I was given strong painkillers and sent home. How frustrating! This has happened three times in as many years and is still a medical mystery. Oh well. My doctor was lovely and Luke got to check out my exposed bottom in my hospital gown, so it wasn't all bad. Needless to say, no photographs were taken of this event. My apologies.

I am off work today, so have just been sleeping, reading, and pottering around my tiny garden. I bought some new plants when Mum and I hit up the markets on Sunday, and the soil was perfect for them as it has been raining nonstop for two days. Lucky I seized the first sunny morning of the week to plant them! It should rain later, too, so that will be a nice little initiation for them. I planted basil, sage, coriander and an unidentified plant of the non-herbal variety. It has a very nice pink flower.

Fresh herbs!
Coriander (front), basil (back)

That's about it! Phew. I think I will spend the rest of the day alternating between resting, cooking, and daydreaming about Luke. That last part is sad but true- he is a dreamboat. I am not embarrassed.

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Jane! A real Deschanel-eque look about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melon! I am excited to see you for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete