Wednesday, November 6, 2013

good morning

I got woken up too early this morning by a text message from my boss reminding me to come to work half an hour earlier today. I feel quite grumpy that I was snatched from my slumber, but hey, woman knows me- I had indeed forgotten that I had to be early today. Can't complain!

The past few days have consisted of working (seeing lots of clients at the moment), sleeping, being overly emotional (crying when a "Save The Orangutans" advertisement played on TV, crying because I couldn't open a jar, crying because I have seasonal allergies, you name it), cooking a little- well, raw brownies, so not really "cooking" - and eating. 

I feel so worn out.



I desperately want a holiday where I can swim in the ocean, wear beach clothes, spend all day holding Luke's hand, and then go out to a nice restaurant for dinner (no dishes!). Wait...that sounds what my honeymoon is going to be like! Getting married in under five months (what?!) and I cannot wait. I have the very opposite of cold feet- I have burning-hot feet to marry the love of my life. Luke is my soulmate and my love, my best friend, and my greatest support (even when I am being super stupid or unreasonable). I love that man so much.

Food-wise, things are pretty good. I have enjoyed the aforementioned raw brownies, homemade hummus with mung bean sprouts, expensive chocolate and ice-cream from the health food store, vegetable chilli (a favourite staple for me), lots of massaged kale with nutritional yeast, fresh summer fruits (hello watermelon, papaya and mango!), and cooling green smoothies with cucumber. 


This morning's breakfast (no milk to make oats)
My hummus rocks
I think Tuesday night's dinner (?)


I have an exciting weekend in store: on Friday night I have a dinner date with Skye at a yummy vegan restaurant, on Saturday I am having the beautiful girls from work (they also  happen to be my besties) over for a vegan dinner party (heels and dresses NOT optional, and I will have one glass of wine), and Sunday will hopefully be Lazy Sunday with Luke. Unfortunately, the Open Day at Little Oak Sanctuary has been postponed until next week due to weather conditions. Fair enough, but still- I am itching to pat a pig! Positively ITCHING! Another week to wait...oh well. Something to look forward to for next weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment