Wednesday, November 27, 2013

food prep and ideas

Well, it finally happened. My cheap blender died.

I have had it for a few years now, and it did extremely well for the price; once I even put dates and raw nuts in there before I owned a food processor! And I have used it almost every day for green smoothies- although they were a bit chewy because the blender wasn't really strong enough to liquefy kale. But this time, it had had enough! Halfway through a green smoothie (frozen fruit and kale, poor thing), it started to make a loud whirring noise, and then dark green smoothie started frothing from the base and the kitchen smelled like burned rubber.

I still drank the half-blended green smoothie

The good thing about all this is that it clears my conscience to buy my Vitamix. I would have felt too weird and guilty if the other blender was still working, like it would know that I was cheating on it with the Vitamix. I KNOW I HAVE ISSUES.

I am spending this morning browsing through my favourite cooking/health and wellness books to get re-inspired about creating meals for myself. Last night I hit up Subway for dinner after work for the second night in a row, so I feel that it's time to get cooking properly again. I spent some time last night prepping little zip-lock baggies of raw nuts and dried fruit, so I have some snacks to grab on the go. Now just dinners and lunches to tackle!

A typical raw nut, dried fruit and seed mix that I eat

Pleased with myself this morning because I have already purchased Christmas presents for my whole family. Normally I am part of the Christmas Eve aimless mall-wanderers, but not this time. Obviously I am not going to tell you what they are though, because Mum reads my blog (hi Mum!). I love Christmastime, and tinsel, and lights, and the smell of pine trees, and Christmas pudding (Luke and I found a vegan one!), and giving presents, and being with my love and my family.

P.S- Also, today marks just four months until my wedding!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment