Monday, November 25, 2013

do my little turn on the catwalk

My week has been hectic. I apologise if blog entries have been a little thin on the ground; I generally have been getting home, eating and crashing- nothing in between! 

Can you tell I am a bit tired?

I spent a grand total of sixteen hours over the weekend at a modelling course, which was super fun. I met some very nice people, and learned to strut my stuff on a catwalk. Vital life skills, people! My favourite components were catwalk and drama, although the makeup section was excellent as well. 

The health and fitness guy at the course was definitely not my favourite, as he seemed to stand for everything I don't; a lot of meat, few carbohydrates, a shitload of dairy, minimal nuts, and "cheat meals." I loathe the concept of a cheat meal, and I feel  extremely sorry for all those "dieters" (another detested term) out there who restrict for a week and then eat a bucket of fried chicken and a whole cheesecake because they feel so deprived. Gross.

I admittedly haven't been creating any masterpieces in the kitchen, which is a dang shame but also understandable as I haven't exactly had oodles of spare time up my sleeve. I kind of forgot to eat yesterday, but other than that I have been mostly surviving on beans, bananas, rice, dates and green smoothies. Not totally balanced, I know. 

Vegan burrito

This morning's breakfast

I think that I need to get inspired with food again. Maybe that (and studying for my imminent exams) can be a focus for this week. My Dad and I finally did my tax return for this year (yes, my Dad still helps me with my tax return- I just hate doing it, alright?) and it looks like I should be getting some back so I think I will invest in a Vitamix. I just want one so bad, and getting more greens into my diet really couldn't hurt at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment