Saturday, August 17, 2013

coconut water

Well. I haven't written in a couple of days as honestly I have been feeling really emotional and prone to upset and didn't feel like communicating. I think the focus this week will have to be staying calm and doing simple activities that relax and rejuvenate my brain, like cooking and patting the dog. Seriously, I have been a total nutcase. Sorry Luke. I love you so much.

Perhaps the plan this week could look a bit like this: I will have a nice bath with Epsom salts and candles, up the green smoothie intake, get some light exercise (yoga class on Monday!) and spray my Australian Bushflower Essences "Space Clearing" mist around my bedroom and study area. I really like the idea of eliminating negative energy, which leads me to...mala beads!

I have been beyond obsessed with these mala beads from Tiny Devotions, and after a month or so of intense deliberation I decided yesterday to make a purchase (even though I strongly suspected that the purchase would send me into near-financial ruin, which it did: I am such an idiot).

Thankfully the mala I chose contains a dalmatian jasper stone, which is said to be nurturing and promote healing as well as protecting against depression and negative thinking. Jaspers are also supposed to help with boosting the immune system and detoxing the body, which is a bonus for me as I am still suffering from the effects of glandular fever and it has been a pretty rough year physically. Plus, the mala itself is BEAUTIFUL. I had narrowed my choices down to four, but the dalmatian jasper just pulled me in and I just felt it was the one for me. Sweet.

An afternoon treat

Even though I have been a total mess, I got my shit together and had my parents over for dinner last night and it was lovely. I made pumpkin soup with some olive sourdough bread from the food market, and chased it up with a raw avocado cheesecake (I know, I make it a lot, but it is amazing!). I always like having them over because Dad is super busy with work and university, and Mum is always cooking for everyone else, so it is my way of nurturing them back. Hi Mum! Thanks for coming over and eating my vegan food!

The bonus of giving some love to people through the medium of cooking dinner is that I got to keep all the leftovers. The fridge is stocked with delicious homemade vegan food now. Winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment