Tuesday, August 20, 2013

sleep, work, chia seeds

Vegan update: still loving it! And staying strict about it, which I also weirdly love. Today I walked into work and there were (non-vegan) cupcakes everywhere! Now, they looked incredible, I love cupcakes, but it didn't even feel like a test of willpower or anything. I was expecting it to be harder to give up some of the foods I ate before, but it just...isn't hard. I am vegan now, I do not eat lovely animals or their products, and that food item therefore does not appeal to me. Plus I don't really want nasty refined sugars and flours in my body right now, as I am doing my best to eat mostly wholefoods, look after myself and get better.

I had a good day today, I just felt pretty happy even though I am having some sort of weird glandy relapse or something. Woke up, ate Crocodile Crunch for breakfast with a coffee, had a shower, took my little Toto for a brisk walk in the nice winter sunshine, had a nap, and went off to work. I was quite productive there as well which I felt pleased about.

Now I am baking some vegan black bean brownies to bring to work tomorrow for Grace's birthday celebrations. We have a meeting, but instead of talking business the whole time we might just eat and giggle for a while, then talk business. I have a really awesome team and I love my workplace.

Sneaking some chia pudding in between clients
I put some almond butter in there too


No comments:

Post a Comment