Wednesday, August 28, 2013

fun workplace

It has been an interesting few days, and I admit that I haven't been in the best form ever (the glandy is still getting the better of me!), but yesterday totally cheered me up.

My colleague/friend Cheynee turns the ripe old age of 24 today, so yesterday we celebrated at work. My boss Megan organised a "high tea" in the break room (she spent the night before work baking up a storm- what a champ), and get this: IT WAS ALL VEGAN. Now, I am the only vegan in the team, everyone else is happily omnivorous, so it felt very special and meant a lot to me that I could join in on the fun. I love birthdays.

The delicacies included spinach and "cheese" pastries, vanilla cupcakes, cucumber sandwiches and spa water to wash it all down with. It was amazing, and I may or may not have eaten so much that I had to sleep it off during my break. Yesterday was extremely indulgent...I think I might have to eat lots of vegetables in the next few days to balance it out. Happy to do so, and it was totes worth it.

French theme, very cute
Happy birthday Cheynee!


No comments:

Post a Comment