Friday, August 23, 2013

sugar crash

Today I went crazy and devoured a tonne of chocolate-chip cookies (vegan, of course!) over the course of the day. Also, there were no surprises: as a result I also felt lethargic, unmotivated and slightly flu-ey and unwell. I spent most of the day feeling crappy in bed, emerged to read and eat, and thankfully managed to drag myself to go for a walk with my brother.

To combat any further feelings of ill health, I will have a bit of a sugar detox week, or at least a few days (three minimum!). I just detest the way that once I start eating something crappy and sugary I find it really hard to stop eating it. As I tell my clients who also struggle with the power that sugar has over them, simply- SUGAR IS LIKE CRACK. Best to just avoid it best you can and save yourself the trouble. As I plan to.

I want the next few days to clean me up and comprise mostly of greens, other vegetables, complex carbohydrates like brown rice and sweet potato, some nice breakfast grains with fruit, as well as nuts, seeds and a bit of healthy oil. I am a coconut oil fanatic (admittedly after a few years of skepticism). To hydrate myself: water with lemon juice- a lovely client gifted me with a giant bag of organic lemons from her tree, so there are no excuses there- apple cider vinegar, herbal teas (including chai, I don't mind minimal caffeine), and green smoothies. Off the list: processed food (including those damn cookies!) with the exception of raw food bars. I will avoid bread for the next few days as well. I just need to feel good in my body again.

Me and my lovely fur baby
Sandwich with tahini, sultanas, carrot and sprouts

No comments:

Post a Comment