Sunday, August 11, 2013

sunday jobs

Holy moly we had a productive day today!

I woke up nice and early and went to the market with Mum, picking up some lovely organic Dutch Cream potatoes, some locally-made vegan macadamia lip balm, some mushrooms (grown by the sea!), a couple of Pink Lady apples and half of a large daikon radish. I went halves with my Mum because we are both too intimidated to take a whole one home- they are ridiculously large.

Got home, unloaded my items, and made my beautiful deserving fiance some pancakes, banana and an egg for breakfast. I chopped up fruit and made Crocodile Crunch for myself, and we ate breakfast on the couch, drank coffee and cuddled with the dog. I let her lick spirulina sauce off my finger, to her delight. So that was a totally gorgeous way to start the day. It is fortunate that we both had a nourishing breakfast because we really needed the fuel for the busy day ahead!

The next few hours were spent running vegetable patch-related errands (purchasing organic soil, sugarcane mulch, a shovel, and collecting some cardboard and newspaper to line it) and buying groceries. Luke built the frame and dug up soil for my vegetable patch, and we successfully chose a spot, lay down the frame, lined it and filled it with soil. Need to get some more tomorrow and will lay down the mulch tomorrow.

I made cauliflower soup while the boys dug in the garden and the dog ran around excitedly trying to help, then we all ate, and now we are going to chill out and watch some television. An excellent day!

I dabbed a bit of green sauce on her forehead for a laugh



No comments:

Post a Comment