Tuesday, August 13, 2013

pumpkin fetish

I am so happy with life in general at the moment. Everything is trucking along almost suspiciously well (I will try not to overthink it though!).

I think I might be feeling happy because I am being my authentic self, when for a few years back there I got a bit lost with a party-girl image that didn't "fit" me entirely. I was drinking a lot of alcohol, going out several nights a week, not eating properly and burning the candle at both ends (staying out 'til 5am when I would have to be in the office at 8am!). I mean, it was ultimately worth it because I met Luke during that time and he is the absolute love and light of my life, but I do feel more like myself these days. A work in progress maybe, but I'm getting closer.

It was my one-month veganniversary yesterday and I totally forgot to acknowledge it! I guess maybe I did subconsciously acknowledge it by having a super healthy clean eating day yesterday (buckwheat porridge, a few dates, a big luscious salad for lunch and dinner, and homemade tofu/cacao pudding for dessert). The salad was amazing: roasted pumpkin, rocket lettuce, quinoa sprouts, toasted walnuts and raw pepitas with a dressing of flaxseed oil, raw apple cider vinegar and orange juice.

Of course, I just kind of ruined my whole saintly vibe by scarfing down 10 vegan chocolate-chip cookies. Whoops- sorry, my lovely body! Sometimes I just go crazy with food, like super-unpredictable.

Midday nap today, all tuckered out from work
Yum with a capital Y
Look at that riot of colour! Just gorgeous

No comments:

Post a Comment