Thursday, July 11, 2013

biding my time

Tomorrow is V-Day!

Today I will be eating the last dairy-containing foods in my pantry and possibly also preparing some vegan meals in advance and freezing them. There is a soft avocado in the fruit bowl that is destined for use in a vegan alfredo pasta (it doesn't know this yet).

Tomorrow is also Market Day, which is a Saturday afternoon tradition Luke and I have kept for over a year now. I love looking at all the fresh fruits and vegies, and also visiting the health food store and having a poke around. Luke likes getting his meat from proper butchers, instead of supporting huge supermarket chains. I plan to buy some coconut butter, although it is hella expensive.

Yesterday we went for an outing to the city and I checked out Lush, a company that make fresh handmade soaps, haircare and cosmetics. They are totally against animal testing, use natural ingredients and have a massive selection of vegan stuff. I was hoping that this would be the case, as I will be overhauling my lifestyle as well as my diet.

Unfortch, all the shoes in my favourite shoe store are leather, which is obviously off the list. I will have to do some searching when my current shoes wear out.


No comments:

Post a Comment