Saturday, July 27, 2013

sunday lazy sunday

It has been a very slow day today- my Mum is in Victoria visiting my grandparents, and I already have a tonne of fruit and vegetables to use up so I opted out of our traditional Sunday morning market trip.

I woke up this morning feeling awful, like really fatigued deep in my muscles but couldn't go back to sleep. I had porridge for breakfast, and have started soaking my raw nuts as I heard that this helps deactivate the enzymes that inhibit absorption of nutrients from the nuts. And I want my damn nutrients! So I had my porridge with berries, soaked almonds, LSA, maple syrup and almond milk.

My projects today will involve making kale pesto and a big vegetable soup. Preparation for the week ahead is super important, as I hate being stuck with uninspired dinner options when I come home from work and it is much nicer (and generally healthier) to cook good food and freeze it in portions. Hardly a new discovery, I know, but helpful to know nonetheless.

Lunch today was a big green smoothie and a handful each of prunes, walnuts and natural corn chips. Random. Luke said that my smoothie smelled like "a freshly mown lawn," which I think is kind of cute. And true; I sure do put a lot of greenery in there!

In other news, I just ate an entire Sweet William chocolate bar and it was good, but crazily sweet! They are vegan and also gluten and nut-free, so good news for kids, adult or coeliacs with an INSANE sweet tooth.  Why did I eat it right before I am supposed to have dinner? I wasn't even hungry! Sorry, belly.

Goji-topped green smoothie
Giving my Peace Lilly a bit of sun so it doesn't get sad

No comments:

Post a Comment