Sunday, July 21, 2013

i eat dog treats

I have spent almost the entire day in the kitchen! First I did the massive mountain of dishes that were totally ruining my vibe, then I set about doing my cooking projects for the day: a tofu pumpkin pie with raw almond-meal crust, and spirulina dog treats inspired by Jess from The Wellness Warrior. I am totally hooked on her blog, girl is amazing!

She originally made these as her pug Edie has an itchy skin condition, and all the ingredients used in the recipe are skin-friendly and, importantly, skin-improving. I decided to make them because I think my little fur baby needs a bit of TLC, vegan-style! I am a bit ashamed as her diet mostly consists of those little individually packaged wet dog food tins and the occasional fresh bone, and I really want to put more effort into taking care of her diet especially. I just want to be a good dog mama! My treats were made from spirulina, raw organic oats, banana, honey, flaxseed oil and cooked beetroot. Unfortunately, the dog treats were so delicious that I ended up eating some of the mixture, so there will be a little less for her. Sorry Totes! But seriously, they taste incredible.

Now I have to go back into the kitchen and clean up my mess (the kitchen is all shades of green and orange due to the spirulina and pumpkin), then I will lovingly cook dinner for my fiance. I feel a bit bad because I really wanted to buy some Udo's 3-6-9 Oil Blend for him today as he has really bad dermatitis on his hands, but my card got rejected at the checkout. How embarrassing. Dinner will have to do! I love him a shitload.

She will have green poops I think
Mama and baby

No comments:

Post a Comment