Tuesday, July 16, 2013

work and brownies

I have been vegan for a couple of days now and I have to say, I have never eaten so much or so well! Thanks for buying me a food processor, Mum- I am using it pretty much every day now, and I very much appreciate it's food-blending powers.

Today I had leftover buckwheat porridge for breakfast, then took my dog for a slow-paced walk, then had a nap, and went to work. I took a green smoothie (kale, pear, banana, barley grass powder, maca powder and LSA) and some homemade hommous with brown rice crackers to munch on. I ate dinner as soon as I got home, which was a polenta and vegetable bake I made a couple of nights ago.

Right now I am munching on some vegan black bean brownies than I made from The Happy Herbivore by Lindsay Nixon. It uses a lot of branded processed soy products that are not as widely available in Australia as they must be in America, but also has a lot of good, fairly simple recipes to try out as well. Also vegan and low fat (although I am not really much of a stickler for low fat stuff- give me good fats, and lots of 'em!).

Now off to bed, even though it is really early. I have had a physically difficult day, as I woke up drenched due to night sweats, felt extremely fatigued and have aching muscles worse than usual. I cannot believe how sore my body feels.Thanks, glandy! I think that I am getting slowly better though, and am sleeping less in the day (what an achievement!).

Polenta bake, yay! The brown crap on top is soy sauce

Before I go: just received an email advising me that I can start my Advanced Diploma in around five days' time! I feel so positive and ready for it in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment