Saturday, July 20, 2013

trying to stay warm

Although my Naturopathy diploma doesn't officially "start" until the 31st of this month (just under two weeks' time), all of the subject material is up online already and it's ready to go. I had a poke around just then and it all looks amazing. I am a bit nervous about getting started- I think I have forgotten how to study!- but I am sure it will be just like riding a bike.

It is so cold in our house tonight. The heater broke about three weeks ago, and in Canberra that is not a good thing in the middle of winter. I am wearing two jumpers and nursing a bowl of hot oats with banana and coconut oil to try and reduce my discomfort (I really feel the cold!), but I think I might just have to admit defeat and crawl into bed with a book. And maybe I will take my living heat pillow, Toto, with me: dogs have a higher core body temperature than people, so she will never drop below 38-39 degrees! And she is a Chihuahua, so typical of the breed she loves to burrow in and make a nest. Win-win.

I am breakfasting at my wedding venue tomorrow morning with Luke and his friend (after my Sunday ritual market trip with Mum, of course), which will be excellent. Now I love the place, but there is a note at the bottom of the menu in big bold letters that says "no alterations to menu items," so I am a bit curious about what to do- all of the breakfast items are non-vegan! I am thinking that I will just order a few animal-friendly sides by themselves and be done with it. I cannot wait to get married to Luke, and this venue is the cutest.

Escaping the winter chill, dog-style
Tonight's dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment