Saturday, July 13, 2013

the journey begins

Well, technically the journey began yesterday, but I didn't end up posting. Soz!

V-Day itself was actually pretty uninspiring, food-wise! A lack of planning for the morning meant that I ended up grabbing a shitty commercial breakfast bar to eat in the car on the way to work, and although it was vegan, it was pretty full of preservatives and artificial flavours which I will be mostly trying to avoid. For morning snacks, I had some black coffee and a banana. Lunch was a bowl of oats with flaxseeds and banana, and dinner was reheated homemade carrot soup and a wholegrain sourdough roll. For dessert I just ate a large spoonful of natural peanut butter- this is actually something I do quite regularly.

Today should be a little bit more exciting as I am planning to monopolize the kitchen and have a cook-up for the week ahead so I don't get caught with my pants down again. Yesterday at the market I bought a whole heap of good food including polenta, butternut pumpkin, kale, buckwheat hot cereal, black beans, coconut flakes, fruit, zucchini and carrots, so I should be able to come up a few good meals to keep me going.

I am also going to clean up my study area in preparation for my studies. Man, I am just so excited to start my Advanced Diploma of Naturopathy. I feel super inspired about it (the word "inspired" has not been featuring regularly in my vocabulary since I got sick, so this is a pretty big deal).

Pictured below is me munching on a Pink Lady apple- fruit is pretty much the best vegan snack out- and a batch of homemade vegan muesli bars, which were awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment