Thursday, July 25, 2013

happy birthday skye

Today for something different I would like to introduce you all to my friend, Skye, as it is her birthday today and I think she deserves a shout out. Happy Birthday!

Skye and I met when I happened to sit next to her on the very first day of the Diploma of Animal Technology. I had a look around the room and she looked like a pretty cool girl, lots of ear piercings and really long legs, and I guess I kind of recognised a kindred spirit. We hit it off, sat next to each other that lunchtime and never looked back! 

Since that day, she has acted as the half of my brain that I am missing, and me hers. We have studied for awful exams together, dissected dead rodents (NEVER AGAIN), cried, exercised, laughed, swapped clothes, and seen pets and boyfriends come and go. She cooks for me and I type up assignments. We kicked off 2013 together on New Year's Eve with some vegan nachos and some extremely potent hash brownies, which was a laugh and a half. That NYE was way better than getting drunk in the city with thousands of other people, and much more memorable...

She will also be my Maid of Honour for the wedding, although she is still under the impression that we aren't having a traditional bridal party. Well, we are now! Get your shit together!

When I told her I had become vegan she invited me over for lunch and cooked a delicious Japan-inspired feast of fresh vegetables with black sesame seeds, pan-fried tofu, soba noodles and a couple of amazing vegan cupcakes to top it off. Then I typed a new resume for her. If that ain't friendship, I don't know what is.

Love you x

No comments:

Post a Comment