Sunday, July 14, 2013

turn the day around

This morning I woke up feeling fine, but quickly descended into a soggy mess of tears and anxiety (we are under a bit of financial stress at the moment and I am not handling it as well as I'd like).

I cried for a couple of minutes, then I got a crazy nosebleed and it went on for like ten minutes and I got it all over the bed- it looked like a crime scene! The ridiculousness of the blood spatter and my fiance's excellent sense of humour thankfully shook me out of my bad mood, and then I ate breakfast, which felt extremely nourishing and...healing. A day turned around! I love that love and food have the power to make me feel better when I'm on the floor.

Food diary for today looks like this: breakfast was creamy buckwheat porridge with pepitas, chopped dried apricots, almonds, a drizzle of agave syrup and some brown rice milk. I also had my daily glass of chlorophyll before breakfast, which is a given. Luke and I went for a drive and I had a bottle of diluted apple cider vinegar, a homemade muesli bar and a cup of green tea from a cafe we stopped at. Lunch was homemade hommous with some tamari brown rice crackers and a spoon of natural peanut butter. Dinner is yet to come, but should be vegan alfredo pasta if all goes well. For dessert, I have leftover baked apple with orange juice, walnuts and sultanas from last night.

Extremely well-fed right now! Being vegan is making me very happy in my belly so far. I am eating more than ever! Pictures below include a dark, blurry photo of my homemade hommous and a grainy webcam of me licking peanut butter off the spoon. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment