Wednesday, July 17, 2013

five days in

Five days of no animal products whatsoever and I am feeling pretty good! A few people have commented that my skin is looking nice, which is always a plus.

Today I got up early to make breakfast before work (didn't want to have to grab a processed breakfast bar again!). I ate a wholemeal bagel with Tofutti cream cheese and a banana, and it was delicious! Bagels have always been a love of mine, so I am very glad that I can still have them as a vegan.

My cooking experiments for today include vegan macaroni cheese sauce (made from non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, miso paste and a variety of spices), and a raw avocado lime cheesecake. The vegan cheese sauce tasted great but was way too runny- I had no corn starch, so it didn't thicken properly! And the same went for the raw cheesecake: tasted amazing, but didn't hold itself together as I had no coconut oil and substituted for macadamia oil. Even though it didn't resemble a cheesecake- more like a green pudding- even my fiance loved it, and he can be picky about desserts. Success!

So, the cheesecake went into my belly before I could photograph it, so tonight you may have a photograph of my Chihuahua instead. Her name is Toto.


No comments:

Post a Comment